Wednesday, May 30, 2007

and baby makes 3

So we are prego!! Zach hates it when I use that word, but 'pregnant' sounds so grown up and I don't know, even a tad bit 'old'. :) I am 13 weeks along and starting the whole second trimester thing. I am still waiting for the bit where I am supposed to glow and feel radiant, but I know its coming and good Dr. Hyslop has assured me it is to be so. I do vow, however, as this progresses, to keep the gross details and weird stuff off of my blog. What I WILL do is list the highlights thus far (in chronological order, of course).

March 28 (ish) The test is positive

March 29 Took another one because someone didn't believe the first test. (Also positive)

April 13 Leah, Kara and Amber guess that I am pregnant based on the mere fact that I wouldn't try the "Love on the Rocks" drink at Becki and Kevin's Engagement Party. They read me like a book... They are sworn to secrecy until after Mother's Day (and did a great job, I might add)

May 1 First Dr. appointment and first look at our little alien baby via sonogram. Can't explain the feeling, but it was a moment neither Zach nor I will forget. Heartbeat 174. (yes, that is normal, believe me, I DID ask)

May 10 Told the Grandparents. There were a lot of tears, but they were happy ones. :)

May 24 Heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. 174 (yes, still normal)

And that about covers it. Woo hoo.. a little Lowrie. Who would have thought? Let's hope he has his daddy's charm and wicked good looks.

1 comment:

becki said...

BAH HA HA HA!!! I'm so excited. Here's a recap of my favorite phrases/sentences in this blog:

1. (also positive)

2. Leah, Kara and Amber guess that I am pregnant based on the mere fact that I wouldn't try the "Love on the Rocks" drink....

3. a little Lowrie.

4. daddy's charm.

Again I'll say it. I'm so excited!!